Trefeglwys, a parish in Montgomeryshire, in the diocese of Bangor, 4 miles N by E of Llanidloes. It has a post and money order office under Caersws (R.S.O.); telegraph office, Caersws. Acreage, 18,437 of land and 110 of water; population of the civil parish, 1429; of the ecclesiastical, 1218. There is a parish council consisting of thirteen members. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor; net value,. £125 with residence. The church is dedicated to St Michael. There are Calvinistic Methodist, Wesleyan, Congregational, and Baptist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Newtown||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Trefeglwys from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Newtown Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: