UK Genealogy Archives logo

Penstrowed, Montgomeryshire

Historical Description

Penstrowed, a parish in Montgomeryshire, on the river Severn and the Caer Sws Way, 2½ miles W of Newtown. Post town, Caersws. Acreage, 1250; population, 97. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bangor; net value, £115 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is old. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Registration districtNewtown1837 - 1974

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.

For births, marriages, and deaths in Penstrowed from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Newtown Registration District.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: