Penrhos, an ecclesiastical parish in Guilsfield, Llandrinio, Llansaintffraid, and Meifod parishes, Montgomeryshire, near the river Severn, 2¼ miles SW of Four Crosses station on the Cambrian railway, and 6½ ESE of Llanfyllin. It was constituted in 1846, and its post town is Oswestry. Population, 763. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; gross value, £270 with residence. Patron, Lord Harlech. The church is modern.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: