Pennant or Pennant Melangell, Montgomeryshire
Pennant or Pennant Melangell, a parish in Montgomeryshire, near the head of the river Tanat, under the Berwyn Mountains, 8 miles NW by W of Llanfyllin. Post town, Llanfyllin. Acreage, 2193; population of the civil parish, 366; of the ecclesiastical, with Penybont, 531. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. Upper Pennant, with the ancient church, has been since the last census annexed both civilly and ecclesiastically to LIangynog, St Thomas' Church at Penybont village being now the parish church of Pennant. The township of Cornorion has been transferred to the parish of Llanrhaiadr. The living is a vicarage, united with the perpetual curacy of Penybont, in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £236 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: