Penegoes, a parish in Montgomeryshire, on the river Dulas, 1½ mile E of Machynlleth. It contains the townships of Isycoed and Llwchycoed, and has a post office under Machynlleth; money order and telegraph office, Machynlleth. Acreage, 12,919 of land and 138 of water; population of tb& civil parish, 720; of the ecclesiastical, 582. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. There are mineral springs. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bangor; gross value, £300 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church was rebuilt in 1883. Lly-warch Hen, the bard, was a resident.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Machynlleth||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Penegoes from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Machynlleth Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: