Middletown, a township in Alberbury parish, Montgomeryshire, under Breidden Hill, adjacent to Salop, 5½ miles NE of Welshpool. It has a station on the Shrewsbury and Welshpool Joint (L. & N.W. and G.W.) railway, and a post office under Welshpool; money order office, Halfway House; telegraph office, Westbury railway station. Acreage, 737; population, 104.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Montgomery||1837 - 1870|
|Registration district||Forden||1870 - 1935|
|Registration district||Welshpool||1936 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: