Llanwyddelan, a parish in Montgomeryshire, on the river Rhiw, near the Caersws Roman Way, 4 miles S by W of Llanfair Cacreinion, and 11 N by W of Newtown. It contains the townships of Pencoed, Penymes, and Treganol, and its post town is Newtown. Acreage, 3928; population, 341. Much of the surface is hill pasture. An ancient British camp is at Pen-y-Gaer. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, —£162 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church, dedicated to St Gwyddelan, is good. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Newtown||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanwyddelan from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Newtown Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: