Llanllwchalam, a manufacturing and agricultural parish in Montgomeryshire, on the river Severn, and comprising part of the town of Newtown. It contains the townships of Aberbechan, Kilcowen, Gwestydd, and Hendidley, the two latter of which are within Newtown borough. Post town, Newtown. Acreage, 4532; population, 2572. Under the Parish Councils Act of 1894, the parish forms part of the Newtown and Llanllwchaiam district. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; tithe rent charge, £256 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. There are two churches, one (All Saints) in Newtown, erected in 1894, and the parish church, dedicated to St Llwchaiarn, about a mile NE from Newtown, which was rebuilt in 1816.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: