Llanllugan, a parish in Montgomeryshire, on the river Rliiw, 4 miles SW of Llanfair Caereinion, and 7¼ NW of Newtown. Post town, Llanfair Caereinion, under Welshpool. Acreage, 6729; population of the civil parish, 371; of the ecclesiastical, 293. A Cistercian nunnery was founded here in 1239, was given at the dissolution to the D'Arcys, and has left no traces. Much of the parish is upland. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £92 with residence. The church is Early English.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Newtown||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: