Llandrinio, a parish in Montgomeryshire, on Offa's Dyke, the Montgomeryshire Canal, and the river Severn, at the innus of the river Vurnwy, adjacent to Salop. 2 miles SE of Four Crosses station on the Cambrian railway, 9 NNE of Welshport, and 9 S of Oswestry. It has a post and money order office under Oswestry; telegraph office, Llanymynech. Acreage, 3892; population of the civil parish, 751; of the ecclesiastical, 609. Llandrinio Hall and Penrhos were chief residences, but are now occupied by tenants. The tract adjacent to the Severn and the Vyrnwy used to be subject to devastating inundations, but is now protected by embankments. The Breidden Hills are adjacent. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £400 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church is dedicated to St Trinio and St Peter, is an ancient structure, and was restored in 1858. It has a Norman font and arch and a carved pulpit of Caroline date. There are Baptist and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Llanfyllin||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: