Hyssington, a township in Montgomeryshire, and a parish partly also in Salop. The township lies contiguous to Salop, 3½ miles N by W of Lydham Heath station on the Bishop's Castle railway, and 4¼ N of Bishop's Castle. Post town, Churchstoke (E.S.O.) Acreage of the township, 1901; population, 260; of the ecclesiastical parish, 373. An earthwork, known as Simond's Castle, is in the neighbourhood. The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Snead, in the diocese of Hereford; gross value, <£340. The church stands within the precincts of a ruined castle.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Clun||1837 - 1933|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: