Criggion, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Alberbury parish, Montgomeryshire, on the river Severn, under Breidden Hill, adjacent to the boundary with Salop, 4 miles W of Alberbury, and 5¼ N of Middletown station on the Shrewsbury and Welshpool Joint (L. & N.W. and G.W.) railway. There is a post office under Shrewsbury; money order office, Llandrinio; telegraph office, Westbury railway station, distant 6 miles. Acreage, 2449; population, 157. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford; net value, £119. The church was enlarged in 1865.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Atcham||1837 - 1933|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: