Aberhafesp, a parish in Montgomeryshire, at the confluence of the Hafesp with the Severn, near the Cambrian railway, 3½ miles NW of Newtown, which is the post town. Acreage, 4707; population 352. Aberhafesp Hall and the parsonage command fine views of the Severn. Traces exist of a Roman road, and there is a medicinal spring. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £232. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church is Early English, but has been rebuilt and restored. There are chapels for Congregationalists and Baptists.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Newtown||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Aberhafesp from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Newtown Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Montgomeryshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Aberhafesp are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: