Varteg, a hamlet in Trevethin parish, Monmouthshire, 5 miles N by W of Pontypool. It has a station on the L. & N.W.R., and a post and money order office under Pontypool; telegraph office, Talywain. There are collieries and Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.
Online maps of Varteg are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: