Trelleck Grange, Monmouthshire
Trelleck Grange, an ecclesiastical parish in Trelleck parish, Monmouthshire, 4 miles SSW of Bigsweir station on the Wye Valley and Coleford branch of the G.W.R., and G NNW of Chepstow. Post town, Chepstow; money order and telegraph office, Tintern. Acreage, 1818; population, 123. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llanishen. The church is a small Early English edifice.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Chepstow|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Trelleck Grange from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Trelleck-Grange)
Online maps of Trelleck Grange are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: