Sirhowy, a village, with extensive ironworks, in Bedwellty parish, Monmouthshire, on the Sirhowy river, half a mile N of Tredegar. It has a station on the Sirhowy branch of the L. & N.W.R., and a post and money order office (T.S.O.) under Tredegar. It is now practically part of Tredegar.
Online maps of Sirhowy are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: