Rhynmey, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Bedwelty parish, Monmouthshire. The village stands on the river Rhymney, adjacent to The meeting-point with Brecknockshire and Glamorgan, 3 miles W of Tredegar, and has stations on the Brecon and Merthyr and the Rhymney railways, and a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) There are very extensive ironworks. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1843. Population, 7351. There is an urban district council consisting of nine members. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of LIandaff; net value, £300 with residence. The church was erected in 1842. There are a mission room, Roman Catholic, Baptist, Calvinistic Methodist, Congregational, and Wesleyan chapels, and a cemetery.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: