Pontnewydd, a village in Llanfrechfa parish, Monmouthshire, on the Crumlin Canal, 6 miles N by W of Newport. It has two stations (Pontnewydd and Upper Pontnewydd) on the Eastern Valleys branch of the G.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Newport. There are tinplate works, and Baptist and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Online maps of Pontnewydd are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: