Ponthir, a village in Llanfrechfa parish, Monmouthshire, 2 miles N of Caerleon. It has a station on the Eastern Valleys branch of the G.W.R., and a post office under Newport; money order and telegraph office, Caerleon. There is a Baptist chapel.
Online maps of Ponthir are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: