Pillgwenlly, an ecclesiastical parish in Newport, St Woolos parish, Monmouthshire, on the river Usk, immediately below Newport. It contains the Newport Docks and part of Newport town, and has a post and money order office (T.S.O.) under Newport. It was constituted in 1864. Population, 14,968. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £283. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church of Holy Trinity was built in 1848, and is in The Early English style. St Stephen's at the Docks is a chapel of ease built in 1884. See NEWPORT.
Online maps of Pillgwenlly are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: