Newcastle, a hamlet in Llangattock-vibon-Avel parish, Monmouthshire, 5 miles NW of Monmouth, with a post office under Monmouth; money order office, Monmouth; telegraph office, Skenfrith. It has an ancient oak 27 feet in girth, a well formerly reputed to be " holy," and remains of an ancient fort.
Online maps of Newcastle are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: