Nantyglo, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Aberystruth parish, Monmouthshire. The village stands at the liead of Ebbw-fach vale, amid a wild tract of upland country, lialf a mile S of the boundary with Brecknockshire, and 4 miles E of Tredegar; was a seat of extensive ironworks, and has a station on the G.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) Tinworks and collieries in the neighbourhood give employment to the inhabitants. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1844. Population, 4362. For parish council purposes Nantyglo is a ward in the Bedwallty union, and returns three guardians. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £300 with residence. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church, built in 1854, is a modern building. There are a mission room. and Calvinistic Methodist, Baptist, and Wesleyan chapels. Nantyglo and Blaina are united to form an urban district council consisting of twelve members.
Online maps of Nantyglo are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: