Llansoy, a parish in Monmouthshire, 2 miles NE of Llandenny station on the G.W.R., and 4½ ENE of Usk. It has a post office under Newport; money order office, Trelleck; telegraph office, Usk. Acreage, 1415; population, 130. The Duke of Beaufort is lord of the manor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £120 with residence. Patron, the Duke of Beaufort. The church is ancient, and has been restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Chepstow|
|Registration district||Chepstow||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Llansoy from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Llansoy)
Online maps of Llansoy are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: