UK Genealogy Archives logo

Llangattock Lingoed, Monmouthshire

Historical Description

Llangattock Lingoed or Llangattock Limgoed, a parish and a village in Monmouthshire, on the river Trothy, 3 miles E of Llanfihangel station on the G.W.R., and 7 NE of Abergavenny. There is a post office under Abergavenny; money order and telegraph office, Llanvihangel Crucorney. Acreage, 1944; population, 181. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £82 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church is dedicated to St Cadoc and is ancient. Building stone is quarried.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyMonmouthshire 
Ecclesiastical parishLlangattock-Llingoed St. Cadocus 
HundredAbergavenny 
Poor Law unionAbergavenny 
Registration districtAbergavenny1837 - 1935

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.

For births, marriages, and deaths in Llangattock Lingoed from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the Abergavenny Registration District.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Llangattock Lingoed from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Llangattock Lingoed are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online:

CountyMonmouthshire
RegionWales
CountryWales
Postal districtNP7