Liswerry, a hamlet in Maindee (St John's) ecclesiastical parish, Monmouthshire, 2½ miles NE of Newport. It has a post office under Newport; money order and telegraph office, Maindee. For civil purposes the whole district is in the borough of Newport, carved out of Christchurch civil parish in 1892. There are lime-works, also a chapel of ease to Maindee parish church, and a Baptist chapel.
Online maps of Liswerry are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: