Hardwick, a hamlet in Chepstow parish, Monmouthshire, near the river Wye, 1 mile S of Chepstow. Hardwick House is an .old seat of the Thomas family, and was purchased and improved by Dr Coplestone, Bishop of Llandaff.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Chepstow|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hardwick from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hardwick)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: