Govilon, a village in Llanwenarth parish Monmouthshire, 3 miles W of Abergavenny. It has a station on the L. & N.W.R., and a post office under Abergavenny; money order and telegraph office, Gilwern. The church was erected in 1848, and is the parish church of the ecclesiastical parish of Llanwenarth Ultra. There is a Baptist chapel. A hall and reading-room was erected in 1889.
Online maps of Govilon are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: