Cwmbran, a village partly in the parish of Llanvihangel-Llantarnam, and partly in Llanfrechfa parish, Monmouthshire, on the Avon-Llwyd, 4 miles N by W of Newport. It has a station on the G.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) The Oakfield Ironworks, the works of the Patent Nut and Bolt Company, a wire rod and rope manufactory, brickworks, a colliery, and vitriol works are situated here. A mission church was built in 1880, and Holy Trinity Church, Upper Llanfrechfa, serves for portion of the population. There are Roman Catholic, Baptist, Congregational, Wesleyan, and Bible Christian chapels.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: