Blaina, a village in the parish of Aberystruth, Monmouthshire, 2 miles SSE of Nantyglo. It has a station on the G.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) There are extensive iron and tin-plate works and furnaces. The parish church, an edifice in the Norman style, was rebuilt in 1857. There are Congregational, Baptist, Wesleyan, Primitive and Calvinistic Methodist, and Presbyterian chapels.
Online maps of Blaina are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: