UK Genealogy Archives logo

Tanygrisiau, Merionethshire

Historical Description

Tanygrisiau, a hamlet in Festiniog parish, Merionethshire, 1 mile W by S of Blaenau Festiniog, and 3 miles NNW of Festiniog. It has a station on the Festiniog railway, and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Blaenau Festiniog. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Merionethshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: