Penrhyn or Penrhyn Deudraeth, Merionethshire
Penrhyn or Penrhyn Deudraeth, a scattered village and an ecclesiastical parish in Llanfihangel-y-Traethau, Llandecwyn, and Llanfrothen parishes, Merionethshire, 3½ miles E by N of Portmadoc. There is a station, called Penrhyn, on the Festiniog railway, another, called Penrhyn Deudraeth, on the Cambrian railway, and a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1858. Population, 2260. There is a parish council consisting of nine members. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor; gross value, £180 with residence. The church is modern. There are Baptist, Cal-vinistic Methodist, Congregational, and Wesleyan chapels. Castell Deudraeth is a modern castellated mansion. The Festiniog Union Workhouse is situated here.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Merionethshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: