Little Longstone, Derbyshire
Longstone, Little, a township in Great Longstone ecclesiastical parish, Bakewell parish, Derbyshire, 3½ miles NW of Bakewell, and half a mile from Great Longstone. Acreage, ' 1038, including 22 of water; population, 145. There is a Congregational chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bakewell|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Longstone from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Longstone, Little)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Little Longstone are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: