UK Genealogy Archives logo

Llansaintffraid Glyn Dyfrdwy, Merionethshire

Historical Description

Llansaintffraid-Glyn-Dyfrdwy, a village and a parish in Merionethshire, on the river Dee, 2 miles E of Corwen, with a station, called Carrog, on the G.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office of the same name, under Corwen. Acreage of the civil parish, 679; population, 164; of the ecclesiastical, 352. Rhogatt is a chief residence. The parish is hilly and has fine views. Owen Glendower owned the manor of Glyndyfrdwy. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £145 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church is good. There are Baptist and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Merionethshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: