Llangover, a parish comprising the townships of Llan-gower Isafon and Llangower Uwchafon in Merionethshire, on the E side of Bala Lake, under the Berwyn Mountains, 2¼ miles S by W of Bala. Post town, Bala (R.S.O.) Acreage". 6880, including 588 of water; population, 235. Much of the surface is bare upland. Traces of a Roman camp are on Caer Gai, and Roman tiles have been found there. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; gross value, £126 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church is dedicated to St Cywair, is good, and has a tower.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Merionethshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: