Llandderfel, a township and a parish in Merionethshire. The township lies on the river Dee, 4 miles ENE of Bala, and has a station on the G.W.R. It has a post and money order office under Corwen; telegraph office, at the railway station. The parish comprises 8305 acres; population of the civil parish, 962; of the ecclesiastical, 723. The Dee here is overhung by the Berwyn Mountains, and is crossed by a bridge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £199 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church is dedicated to St Dervel, is of the time of Henry VIII., contains a good screen, the reputed staff of its patron saint, and a curious recumbent wooden horse called St Dervel's horse.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Bala||1837 - 1935|
|Registration district||Merioneth East||1935 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Merionethshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: