Glyndyfrdwy, an ecclesiastical parish in Corwen parish, Merionethshire, on the river Dee, 5 miles E of Corwen, with a post, money order, and telegraph office under Llangollen, and a station on the Ruabon and Corwen branch of the G.W.R. It takes its name from the river Dyfrdwy, which means " the divine water." Population, 576. The parish became a separate charge in 1859, having been previously amiexed to the rectory of Corwen. The property belonged to Owen Glyndwr, and passed to *the Salusburys and th& Vaughans. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Sfc Asaph; commutation tithes, £225. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. There are Baptist, Congregational, Calvinistic Methodist, and Wesleyan chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Merionethshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: