UK Genealogy Archives logo

Cynwyd, Merionethshire

Historical Description

Cynwyd is a village in the civil parish of Llangar, Merionethshire, 2 miles S of Corwen. It contains the townships of Cynwyd-fawr and Cynwyd-fechan, has a station on the G.W.R., and a post office under Corwen; money order and telegraph office, Corwen. The living is united to the rectory of Llangar, in the diocese of St Asaph. There are four places of worship-the Church of England, Calvinistic Methodists, Congregationalists, and Baptists.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Merionethshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: