Corsygedol, a seat 5½ miles N of Barmouth, in Merionethshire. It belonged to the Vaughans, and passed to the Mostyns. It has a fine gatehouse of 1630, from a design by Inigo Jones, and it contains curious furniture and a striking series of family portraits and other pictures. A cromlech, called Arthur's Quoit, is near. There is a chapel, called Cors-y-gedol chapel, in Llanddwywe parish churchy built by one of the Vaughans in 1615, and containing a monument designed by Inigo Jones.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Merionethshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: