Corris, a village and a township, in Talyllyn parish, Merionethshire, and an ecclesiastical parish partly also in Llanwrin parish, Montgomeryshire. The village stands under Cader-Idris, 6 miles N by E of Machynlleth. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.), and a station on the Corris railway, a short line from Machynlleth to Aberlle-fenny. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1861. Population, 1565. The quarrying of slates of excellent quality is extensively carried on. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor; net value, £153 with residence. Patron, the Marquis of Londonderry. The church was built in 1860. There are Wesleyan and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Merionethshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: