UK Genealogy Archives logo

Bontddu or Caerdeon, Merionethshire

Historical Description

Bontddu or Caerdeon, an ecclesiastical parish in Llan-nber parish, Merionethshire, on the road from Barmouth to Dolgelly, from each of which it is distant 5 miles. It was constituted in 1887, and has a post office under Dolgelly, which is the telegraph office. Population, 488. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor; net value, £244. There is a beautiful wooded glen, through which a stream flows between perpendicular rocks, and forms a waterfall. Several gentlemen's seats are in the neighbourhood.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Merionethshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: