Blaenau Festiniog, Merionethshire
Blaenau Festiniog, a small town in Festiniog parish, Merionethshire, 4 miles N of Festiniog, and 12½ SW of Bettws-y-Coed. It owes its existence to the extensive slate quarries in the neighbourhood, and has three stations on the L. & N.W.R., the G.W.R., and the Festiniog narrow-gauge railway to Portmadoc; a head post office, a market-hall, and two banks. The church is good, and there are Baptist, Congregational, Wesleyan, and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Merionethshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: