UK Genealogy Archives logo

Bethania, Merionethshire

Historical Description

Bethania, a village 2½ miles from Festiniog, in Merionethshire, and less than a mile from Blaeuau Festiniog station on the Festiniog railway. It has a post and money order office under Blaenau Festiniog, which is the telegraph office. It ia chiefly inhabited by the men employed in the neighbouring slate quarries. It has a small church, and Calvinistic, Congregational, and Baptist chapels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Merionethshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: