Kilbourne, a village and a township in Horsley parish, Derbyshire. The village stands adjacent to the Derby, Little Eaton, and Eipley railway, 2½ miles SW by W of Eipley, and has a station on the railway, a post, money order, and telegraph office under Derby, Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, and a girls' school. The township comprises 905 acres; population, 1427. Coal of excellent quality is worked in the township near the village.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Hundred||Morleston and Litchurch|
|Poor Law union||Belper|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Kilbourne from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: