UK Genealogy Archives logo

West Sheen, Middlesex

Historical Description

Sheen, West, the ancient name of Richmond, was formerly in Mortlake parish, and situated a little to the west of East Sheen. There is now no West Sheen. In 1892 the boundaries of the borough of Richmond were extended, and what had previously been known as West Sheen was included as a separate parish within the borough, undei the name of Sheepcote, a place 1 mile ENE of Harrow, in Middlesex.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5