Sudbury, a hamlet in Harrow-on-the Hill parish, Middlesex, on the L. & N.W.R., 2½ miles SE of Harrow. It has a station on the railway in the parish of Wembley, called Sudbury and Wembley, and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Harrow. A portion of the hamlet is included in the ecclesiastical parish of St John's Wembley. Lord Northwich is lord of the manor and chief landowner. Sudbury Lodge is a country mansion standing amidst extensive grounds. Sudbury Hall is a home for destitute girls, and usually has about 100 inmates. There is a hall used for religious services.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Harrow on the Hill|
|Poor Law union||Hendon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Sudbury from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.
Online maps of Sudbury are available from a number of sites: