Rozeth, a hamlet and an ecclesiastical parish formed in 1863, in Harrow-on-the Hill parish, Middlesex. The hamlet lies nominally 1 mile SW of Harrow town, but by great recent increase in buildings has become united with it. It has a post and money order office (T.S.O.) under Harrow. The manor was originally part of Harrow manor; was given as a separate possession in 1371 by the Archbishop of Canterbury to Sir William Brembre; passed to the Dudleys, the Hutchinsons, the Nicolls, and Mr Hart, and at the death of Mr Hart was divided among three. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London; gross value, £340 with residence. The church, erected in 1863, is a fine building of flint and stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, transepts, vestry, N and S porches, and an octagonal western turret. There are a lecture hall and two mission rooms.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Harrow on the Hill|
|Poor Law union||Hendon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Rozeth from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.