UK Genealogy Archives logo

Ireton Wood, Derbyshire

Historical Description

Ireton Wood, a hamlet in Derbyshire, 4½ miles SSW of Wirksworth, and 1 mile from Idridgehay railway station. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel. A detached part of this hamlet, viz., Blackwall, is now attached to Kirk Ireton.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyDerbyshire 
Civil parishKirk Ireton 
HundredWirksworth 
Poor Law unionBelper 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

Ancestry.co.uk, in conjunction with the Derbyshire Record Office, have the Church of England Baptisms (1538-1916), Marriages and Banns (1538-1932), and Burials (1538-1991) online.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Ireton Wood from the following:


Land and Property

A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.


Maps

Online maps of Ireton Wood are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online:

DistrictAmber Valley
CountyDerbyshire
RegionEast Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtDE56
Post TownBelper