Mile End New Town, Middlesex
Mile End New Town, a quondam hamlet and a civil parish in Whitechapel union, Middlesex. The quondam hamlet is now a compact portion of the metropolis; lies N of Whitechapel Road, on the G.E.R., contiguous to Whitechapel, Spitalfields, and Bethnal Green parishes, 1½ mile ENE of St Paul's, and was once a part of the ancient parish of Stepney. It is in the Eastern Postal District. Acreage of parish, 42; population, 11,303. See also LONDON.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.