Homerton, a metropolitan suburb in Hackney parish, Middlesex. The suburb lies on the North London railway, near Victoria Park and Hackney stations, 3½ miles NE of St Paul's, and is in the eastern suburban postal district It formerly consisted largely of suburban residences of city merchants and opulent tradesmen, but these have for the most part removed to other districts, and the suburb is now chiefly occupied by small houses. There are several dissenting chapels, and Robinson's [almhouse for twelve ministers' widows. A Congregational theological college was founded here soon after the Revolution, was rebuilt in 1823, had then an income of £2033, and was consolidated in 1850 with Coward and Highbury Colleges into the new college, St John's Wood. See also LONDON.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.
Online maps of Homerton are available from a number of sites: