Harrow Weald, Middlesex
Harrow Weald, a hamlet and an ecclesiastical parish in Harrow-on-the-Hill parish, Middlesex. The hamlet lies three-quarters of a mile N from Harrow station on the L. & N.W.R. and 2 miles N from Harrow, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office (S.O.). The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1845, and has a population of 1315. Harrow Weald Park is a spacious castellated structure standing in well-wooded grounds. There are some good private residences, and the heights of the Weald present some pleasant views. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London; net yearly value, £250 with residence. The church is a building of stone in the Decorated style. It was rebuilt on an enlarged scale in 1891, with the exception of the chancel. The interior is richly decorated with mosaic, and possesses handsome windows.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.
Online maps of Harrow Weald are available from a number of sites: